Friday, March 16, 2007

Two Small Miniatures

Two small wee miniatures today that were great fun to paint! The first one is up for auction on New Zealand TradeMe. Reserve is just $1 so if you're a NZer and you've been following these daily paintings, and perhaps been meaning to buy one, now is a good opportunity! Just click on the link and bid. Thankyou for your support!




Red Cup and Green Bottle
Oil on gessoed board
50x65mm
To bid on this $1 reserve auction click here
sold




Blue Bottle and Glass With Apple
Oil on gessoed board
90x75mm
$100
For purchase info click here
sold
I liked this composition. I set up the bottle and glass and knew I wanted something on the glass. It had to be an apple, but I didnt have a real one so I used a plastic apple that's been lying around the studio. Apparently Cezanne used to use wax fruit for his still lifes because he worked on them for such a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment