Thursday, July 24, 2014

Bouquet of Narcisi


Bouquet of Narcisi
 Oil on mounted cotton
300x275mm
 $POA


Every year I have a go at painting narcisi and I always feel like I never get the delicate beauty of them.

Some news: I currently have an exhibition of my self portrait paintings form the past four decades, on the Virtual TART site. I have called it Mirror Mirror.




This is a self portrait from the early 1980's

I have also got a more recent large diptych self portrait on exhibit at Puke Ariki in the Homework show.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:52 am

    Hi Paul, I have to disagree with you on this one! I love your narcissi paintings, the ones here at home on the wall always make me smile and wonder how you get them just right!!. I am always glad when this time of year comes around and a painting of them appears in my emails from you :). Now I just have to wait until cherry season!. Midori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Midori! You are very kind.

    ReplyDelete