Friday, February 28, 2014

New World Banana


New World Banana
 Oil on aluminium panel

A while ago New World Supermarket were running some scheme involving miniature reproductions of their products, presumably to indoctrinate children into growing up to be good little consumers. I was especially fascinated by the banana which although of rather modest proportions was still vastly out of scale with the other products. It is difficult to tell the scale of the banana in my painting, indeed it is difficult to tell the scale of the painting itself from this image, and if I put this image onto Facebook it will be automaticly rescaled to some proportion that I have no control over. For some reason I find this amusing. It brings back schoolboy memories...... I recall being in hysterics over a gag by Kenny Everet a comedian of the times (1970s) who sang "you say bananas and I say bananas! Bananas! Bananas! Bananas! Bananas! Let's call the whole thing off!"

1 comment:

  1. Good one Paul...I remember Kenny Everett well.

    ReplyDelete