Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Cobalt Pencil

Cobalt Pencil
Oil on linen on MDF
37x165mm
$100
sold

Long ago when I was asked that children's perenial favourite question "what's your favourite colour" I always answered "blue".  I have a clear memory of clutching a large ultramarine blue wax crayon associated with this. I have always loved all colours equally and always found it a strange question, so it's likely that I just answered with the colour I had literally at hand and so typecast myself for the rest of my life. Anyway, this one was a nice excuse to use the beautiful cobalt blue (the genuine pigment - don't accept cheap imatations kids...!), and it's got my name on it. The phisical pigment's colour in the painting is a lot nicer than the pixels of light you see on your screen, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment