Thursday, November 19, 2009

Withered Daffodil in Blue Glass Bottle


Withered Daffodil in Blue Glass Bottle
Oil on linen on MDF
194x100mm
$200
sold

This subject had been stood on the shelf for some time. In fact I painted it when the daffodil was fresh and I hadn't had the heart to throw it out afterwards. As it withered and flopped over the staunch and upright bottle, I thought it would be an interesting subject, so it stood there until I finally I got around to painting it. I tryed to keep the paint fresh in spite of the staleness of the subject.  It's always a quandry for me, knowing whether to stop or to keep going. With a painting you can easily loose the initial spontinaity, but then you can keep working on it and sometimes push it further to another level. 

No comments:

Post a Comment