Monday, April 17, 2006

Dandelion Head in Green Bottle


Dandelion Head in Green Bottle Oil on gessoed board. 120x110mm Painted April 16th.
It struck me while painting this subject that it was a fitting one for this time of year. The Dead Dandelion was a bit like a crucifixion and the seed head could represent a rebirth or resurrection. I've always felt the Easter story is more universal than the Christian version, which is just an adoption of an earlier pagan festival celebrating new life and fertility, as far as I'm aware.

I am selling these paintings on New Zealand TradeMe. To bid on this painting click here.

Sold n

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora, No prize for guessing where I am from !!! Where are you from again, as I have never heard of it !!! Great paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kelvin! Umm.. I'm here in NZ.

    ReplyDelete